Paradise Jazz Festival
As a known jazz player once said: Jazz stands for freedom. Jazz music has evolved from “ragtime” and even american blues from the African-american communities of the New Orleans,USA. Though, it is true that to enjoy Jazz you need to have an acquired taste for it. Yet as proven in the fact that Paradise Jazz Festival is celebrating this year it’s 20th anniversary,I think it’s safe to assume that Cyprus likes Jazz.
The “Paradise Jazz Festival” is a group of friends that is growing every year. This year,the festival will take place on 23rd & 24th August( this Friday & Saturday) 2019, in the traditional village Yialia of Polis, Paphos. Furthermore,the scenery location will be a restaurant called “Val’s Place”. The restaurant assures everyone that there will also be All Day food and drinks available during this festival.
What does it include?
Well,along with food and drinks includes the most important thing: 6 shows (3 per night) plus 2 extra jam sessions. Even more,there will be special guests and 27 artists at least. Though the shows starts at 09:30 p.m,the gates will be open from 8 p.m. Also,in case you are from outside of Paphos pr you would like to stay in Yialia for the weekend,you will have the possibility of camping for each night in exchange of a small fee. The restaurants will provide working showers for everyone.
What acts can you enjoy?
- Firstly,the Festival will open with The Amalgamation Choir,which is made up only of women and it is led by Vasiliki Anastasiou. Their songs are influenced by musical tradition of island and Mediterranean Sea. A signature element is also the Accapella moments.
- Secondly, in the same night from 10:30 p.m. you can enjoy Michalis Messios Symmetry Band which holds within known jazz player figures of Cyprus.
- Lastly,from 11:30 p.m. a project created by Cyprus- based guitarist and composer, Odysseas Toumazou.
The night will end with the traditional Jam Session that will let through for all to see the imagination and talent of Cyprus Jazz Musicians.
- 9:30 p.m. Nikos Charalambous Trio . The band also covers famous song of modern Jazz & Pop/Rock music.
- 10:30 p.m. Alexis Kasinos Quartet will take over the stage with riginal compositions;
- The highlight of this festival starts at 11:30 p.m. when Trio Misteriozo will sing along the most famous Dutch Jazz Musician Rob van Bavel.
The festival will end with another popular Jam Sessions.
Price: because of this event growing bigger this year and also having limited tickets, the price of admission is €15 per night,while children under 14 years of age have free entrance. Still a bargain for all it’s offering!
For more information please contact the organizers at:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: paradise jazz festival
- Text: 97 747 327
Disclaimer: While every care has been taken to ensure the information provided is accurate, we advise you to check with the event organizers before travelling to confirm the details are correct.